Applying for an eVisa to Bahrain is a streamlined and efficient process designed to facilitate easy entry for tourists and business visitors.
The Kingdom of Bahrain, known for its rich culture and history, has embraced technology to simplify the visa application process, making it more accessible to travelers worldwide.
This article provides a comprehensive guide to the Bahrain eVisa application process, including required documents, fees, processing time, validity, duration of stay, and the application portal link.
The Bahrain eVisa application process requires applicants to provide several documents to support their application. These include:
- Passport: A valid passport with at least six months of validity from the date of arrival in Bahrain. The passport should have at least one blank page for the visa stamp.
- Photograph: A recent passport-sized photograph with a white background. The photograph must meet the standard passport photo requirements.
- Accommodation Proof: Proof of accommodation in Bahrain, such as hotel reservations or a letter from a host.
- Travel Itinerary: Details of your travel plans, including flight bookings that show your arrival and departure dates.
- Financial Means: Proof of sufficient financial means to cover your stay in Bahrain. This can be bank statements or a letter from a sponsor.
- Health Insurance: Proof of health insurance that covers COVID-19 treatment is also recommended.
Additional documents may be required depending on the applicant’s country of residence and the purpose of visit.
The eVisa fee for Bahrain varies depending on the type of visa and the duration of stay. Generally, the fee ranges from BHD 5 (approximately USD 13) for a 14-day stay to BHD 25 (approximately USD 66) for longer stays.
Payment is made online during the application process using a credit or debit card. It’s important to note that visa fees are non-refundable regardless of the application outcome.
The processing time for a Bahrain eVisa typically ranges from 3 to 5 business days. However, it’s advisable to apply well in advance of your planned travel date to allow for any unforeseen delays.
Applicants can check the status of their visa application online through the eVisa application portal.
eVisa Validity and Duration of Stay
The validity of a Bahrain eVisa depends on the type issued. Tourist visas are usually valid for a single entry and allow a stay of up to two weeks to one month, with the possibility of extension for certain nationalities.
Multiple-entry visas, which permit multiple visits within a specified period, typically have a validity of up to one year, with each stay not exceeding one month.
eVisa Application Portal
The official portal for Bahrain eVisa applications is the Bahrain eVisa System, accessible at https://www.evisa.gov.bh/.
This portal offers a user-friendly interface where applicants can fill out their visa application form, submit required documents, and pay the visa fee.
The portal also provides detailed information on visa requirements, processing times, and other relevant details.
To apply for an eVisa, follow these steps:
- Visit the Portal: Go to the official Bahrain eVisa application portal.
- Create an Account: New users will need to create an account, while returning users can log in with their credentials.
- Fill the Application Form: Complete the application form with accurate personal, passport, and travel information.
- Upload Required Documents: Upload digital copies of the required documents.
- Pay the Visa Fee: Submit the application fee using a credit or debit card.
- Submit the Application: Review all the information, submit the application, and wait for the approval.
The Bahrain eVisa application process is designed to be straightforward and efficient, allowing travelers to easily obtain their visas online.
By ensuring that all required documents are in order, and by understanding the fees, processing times, and visa validity, applicants can look forward to a smooth entry process into Bahrain.
Always refer to the official eVisa portal for the most current information and for submitting your application.